• The Connacht Coach Education Committee held eight meetings during 2010.
• This Committee comprises of eight Tutor Trainers representing all counties in Connacht, together with the Provincial Games manager.
• Members have attended the Connacht Coaching Forum and National Coaching Conference in Croke Park.
• A Connacht Review of all our Coaching Courses has taken place and recommendations were acted on.
• Members have attended National Tutor workshop.
• In conjunction with the Connacht Coaching and Games Committee, the Connacht Coach Education Committee are working on meeting the targets as set down by the Connacht GAA Strategic Vision and action Plan 2009 -2015.
• In 2010, 22 new Tutors completed their training and graduated. also include 6 Handball Tutors.
• A two evening Tutor up-skilling workshop was recently provided for all Connacht Tutors on ‘Psychological Aspects’ with Paul O Connor DCU.
• All new Tutors were observed by Coach Education Committee members
• Each County in Connacht have set up a Coach Education Committee.
• We have four new tutors currently training as Tutor Trainers.
• We have provided additional training to all our Tutors on Disability Awareness.
• We have tutors trained for each county as Child Protection and Welfare Tutors.
• All new Tutors were observed by Coach Education Committee members prior to their graduation. We are currently developing a Connacht Tutor Mentoring system.
• There have currently 45 Connacht Tutors. In addition we have also trained 7 GAA Tutors from Britain and 4 GAA tutors for the North American Board. We also have provided training to 6 Handball Ireland Tutors.
• The following number of tutors have been trained in their respective counties: Galway 19, Leitrim 5, Mayo 8, Roscommon 6 and Sligo 7.
· To date 61 Foundation Courses have been delivered in 2010 and 33 already in 2011.
· Connacht has Piloted the Award 1 Adult Hurling Course
· Connacht has Piloted the Award 1 Youth Football Course in association with Munster GAA.
· Two Award 1 Child Courses have been delivered in 2010 and 3 to date in 2011.
· Thirteen Award 1 Youth Courses have been delivered in 2010 and 16 to date in 2011
· Nine Award 1 Adult Courses have been delivered in 2010 and 10 to date in 2011
· Connacht has Piloted the Award 2 Youth Course in Castlebar.
· All our Tutors are Garda Vetted. All participants on Connacht Coach Education Programmes are either Garda Vetted or in the process.
· Three meetings regarding Quality Assurance have taken place with Catherine Bird, Coaching Ireland and Peter Horgan, Education Officer, Croke Park.
· Connacht GAA Council has a dedicated person for Quality Assurance.
News archive >